Monday, July 23, 2007

So THIS is what a family reunion is like...



I attended my first family reunion over the weekend. Justin's step-mom Denise's family has a HUGE family reunion every year -it's a pretty big deal. His grandma is the youngest of 10 kids (nine girls and one boy) and they alternate who is in charge every year.




Justin and I got up there late Friday night (we set up our tent at midnight) but everyone else had been there since Thursday. Saturday they had games most of the morning at the camp sites -but I tagged along with Justin and his dad fishing at the lake nearby. Well... they fished, I sat on the shore and in a tube and read for a couple of hours. (I'm starting Harry Potter. Not the 7th book... I'm STARTING Harry Potter -the 1st one). I forgot my camera for that little outing -but I didn't miss much, neither of them came back with any fish. (That's right, Scott -there was NO PROOF).

Aside from the really long drive (I'm not very fond of road trips) it was a fun couple of days and it was nice to get to know more of Justin's family. There are, of course, more stories... but you'll have to ask us in person. Some things that take place at a family reunion, should STAY at the family reunion!




1 comment:

  1. well...you definitely left a little at the family reunion! ;)

    ReplyDelete