Friday, February 29, 2008

A first and a last

First things first.

It may be a little premature for this, but, I'm wearing my first pair of flip-flops of the year today. (Christi is too) Now... I wear flip-flops at the end of the year right up until the point that my toes start being covered with snow. And then they get covered up throughout the winter. Depending on where you get your weather reports, today should be between 51-58 degrees. (10-14 Celsius) Not too warm. But... when it's your FIRST 50 degree day, it feels like a warm summer breeze compared to frigid winter temps. Plus... I'm trying to make sure my new flip flops are comfy, which brings me to my Last.

Last day of work for 10 days. That's a lot of days. I get to miss 2 Mondays, which is pretty exciting. I'm not quite sure how often I'll get to a computer, and I'm fairly certain I won't be able to upload pics, so you'll probably get quite a bit from me when we get back.

Before you send hate mail to me ranting and raving your extreme jealousy that I'm going to a fancy resort in Mexico right on the beach with 85 degrees and sunny... I just want you to know how incredibly hectic it will be at work when I return. I'm not sure if hectic even comes close to describing the chaos that usually awaits caseworkers after they are gone for more that 4 days. I'm not sure what causes it, but, even if you don't tell ANY of your clients you're leaving... everything seems to fall apart at the seams when you're gone. Which leaves your poor co-workers and supervisor forced to hold things together JUST until you walk back into the office to deal with it. So... that first Tuesday back, will most likely be worse than 5 Mondays.

Just in case you want to feel sorry for me.

Which you won't.

2 comments:

  1. I hate missing mondays from work. It almost cancels out the holiday fun. I think Mexico might make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you (& I) are sitting on the beach in the 90 deg. heat, you won't even think about how much work you left behind for your coworkers or how piled high your desk is when you return...

    We walked through your future home today..We love it.

    ReplyDelete