Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3rd Day of Christmas

My dad took all four kids with him to pick out a gift for my mom. I'm not sure if it was out necessity, or if he thought it would be fun for us to know what he was getting for my mom. I think this was a mistake.

My dad was getting a camcorder. It was just as the small ones were coming out, "small" is relative of course. Remember the huge ones that you carried on your shoulder that fit full sized VHS tapes? Well, it was smaller than that.

Jodi and I were besides ourselves with excitement. We could barely keep the secret and anytime we were around my mom we would laugh and look at each other and put our hand up to the side of our head (holding an imaginary 'small' video camera' -what can I say, we were excited).

I never asked my mom if she figured it out with our stellar secret keeping abilities. If she had any idea, she didn't let on. She acted VERY surprised and a little mad. Actually she started crying and kept telling my dad this was her Christmas, Birthday, AND Mothers day gift for the next 3 years.

We didn't care- we had a cool little video camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment