Saturday, April 9, 2011

5K


It hasn't been very good weather this week. After a week of somewhat warm days and a few walks to the park, the snow came back. Not really out of the ordinary for a Utah spring to tell you the truth.

I've been running at the gym and made it up to 4 miles a few times on the treadmill, but I hadn't run outside at all. Plus, with Justin out of town all week, I hadn't run at all for 6 or 7 days.

That being said, I felt pretty good about my time. I was able to run a little over half before I stopped and walked for a bit. I hate when that happens, because it's hard to get your momentum back afterwards. So... the last mile was a lot of jogging and walking. But, I still finished in about 35 minutes, averaging a 11.25 minute mile. Not too bad for me. It w
as actually a bit warmer this year, since we started an hour later. I didn't really get that cold until after I finished and we stood around waiting for the awards ceremony.
Wade, Karen, and Paul came too this year. Jodi and Jessica would have come -but the bad weather kept them away. Plus, my mom volunteered to watch my kids so I could run.

No comments:

Post a Comment