Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back in Utah

Between working on our New York vacation book and trying to keep the kids blogs updated I haven't had much time (or taken the time) to update the family one.

On Memorial Day we had a BBQ at the Hardcastles.  I didn't take many pictures, but the little kids all seemed to enjoy themselves and the adults didn't do a bad job at it either.

This was actually a week after the BBQ, but Justin was working on his giant bubbles then too.  

The next Saturday we went to the Hardcastle Cabin.  It was mostly a clean and fix things type of a day.  I wanted to go to visit a bit and let the kids play up there.  There was some serious home improvement going on, so we didn't visit a whole lot, but Hyrum and Kate loved playing up there.






After the cabin Jodi and my mom kept the kids for the next 24 hours and Justin and I saw, not one, but TWO movies.  (I guess we take advantage of the time a bit more now).  We also went to church and heard everything that was said.  It was a little weird, but we might actually enjoy church again in another 20 years or so.  Something to look forward to.
With Aunt Jodi.  She might not be ready to give up the baby title quite yet.  

T-ball is officially over.  I'm not too sad.  Hyrum liked going... until we got there.  He had a hard time staying in the field, focusing, and wanting to play baseball instead of on the rocks or the playground.  I won't miss the hour long drives to Herriman and fighting with Kate by myself for an hour, but it was fun for the kids to see the Lafeen's so often.  And, he sure liked that he was a Red Sox for a few months.

On the way home from a game







We've been to the zoo, Wheeler Farm, parks, friends houses and I finally got a little pool for the backyard, a petting zoo type thing at one of the libraries...pretty typical summer stuff.
"Take a picture of me, mom!"







Our family made a big change this last month -we didn't renew our Golds membership that I've had since moving to Salt Lake.  We bought a family membership to the county recreation centers -there are a couple of places pretty close that has a fitness gym and daycare, and this way we can take the kids to the pool whenever we want.  So far, so good.



I think that's all for now.  We have Father's Day, a camping trip, and a quick trip for me to Phoenix and drive back to Utah with my friend, Kathy later on in the month, so hopefully I'll update more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment