Thursday, February 10, 2011

Babysitting and a Bonk on the head

The other night I was cleaning up (my first mistake), putting toys away near our mantle. I stood up hard and fast, and hit my head on the corner. It about knocked me out, but instead, knocked me backwards and left me spinning for a few moments. Man, it hurt! I had a goose egg on the top of my head and took some Tylenol for my headache. I even had a hard time sleeping that night (and since) because it seems any way I lay on my pillow I can feel the bruise. Hyrum spent a good 6-9 months of his life with a goose egg and/or bruise on his head, I feel like a bad parent now. I should have given him a LOT more Tylenol, because I'm sure he had headaches for most of that time.

In a totally unrelated story (I promise) I've had a full house these last two mornings. A friend of mine with two little boys (one a year older, and one about 6 months younger than Hyrum) flew out to see her husband graduate from boot camp this week. Her in-laws have the boys, but her mother-in-law works in the mornings. So, from 8:30 - 12:30 I have four kids here. Under the age of 4. It would ALMOST be physically possible for one women to have all of these kids too. Maybe having several small children close together works for some people... but not for me! Even if I was getting a full nights sleep, I think I'd still be exhausted by noon.
This lasted for about 90 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing Melanie! I didn't even do it as close as you did! I have always had a sitter and helper in the house! But it has its drawbacks, changing diapers for 18 years with maybe a few years in between is not ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am just now catching up on your blog and I want to thank you again for taking on that load for 2 days straight! You really must be a supermom! I love that picture too!

    ReplyDelete