Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pretty toes... but no place to go

Our house is pretty much on lock down. Not officially, of course, but unless you have a strong desire to catch something... I'm not opening my door for anyone.

Monday morning Hyrum looked a little 'off', and seemed more tired than usual. We had plans to go to the Discovery Museum with my mom, so we pushed through. (Sorry to any other kids that might have followed my kid on any of the toys, I promise I didn't think he was really sick). By the time we got home after a condensed version of the museum he was officially sick. He took a REALLY long nap and woke up with a fever.

Oh, and did I mention Little Miss had a little cough?

Tuesday was no better, he perked up for about an hour after the Tylenol or Ibuprofen kicked in, but it was short lived. My mom and dad stopped by on their way out of town. The grandma/nurse kicked in, and my mom convinced me to call the doctor. He would make a few gestures at his ears, so we wondered if he had an infection.

I had a massage and pedicure scheduled for 4 (which lasted for 2 1/2 hours). The massage was WONDERFUL, but the pedicure, although it felt great and my feet and toes look pretty, made me feel a little guilty, because I knew Justin was home with sick kids. And yes, the fact that I have spent days on end with sick kids by myself did not escape me, but I had 'mom guilt' nonetheless.

When I got home from the spa, Justin informed me that Kate screamed almost non-stop for 2 hours. Something that she just doesn't do. She also has had a runny nose for a day and a half to go with her cough. Hyrum still looked miserable, and we had an appointment at 8, so we decided to take the whole family in to see our doctor. In a blizzard.

Lucky for us, Kate's ears were clear. And since she doesn't have a fever, we're hoping it just stays a cold. She's pretty gunky, has a lot of extra fluid that she's coughing up, but hopefully with some BabyVics, sleeping in her swing, and a humidifier she'll get over it soon.

Hyrum, on the other hand, has pneumonia. As of right now, it's not too serious. He's still eating (a bit) and drinking and all of that fun stuff. We started a couple of different antibiotics and are keeping a steady stream of fever reducers going to keep him comfortable. So... hopefully by the weekend he'll be his usual self.

Maybe by then I'll be feeling better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment