Monday, January 26, 2009

The 'calm' before the storm

Okay... I'm not sure if I'd refer to the last 9 weeks as calm... but that's what today has felt like.

I am very lucky to not have to return to work full time (thanks, Justin). However, in order to use my 9 weeks of sick I had, I needed to stay an employee, go back, and give my two weeks.

That's happening tomorrow.

I'm also very lucky that my sister in law will watch the Little Man for most of the days, and he'll spend a day with my mom too. Plus, some days Justin will be able to handle the morning. But, it's still a little weird getting him (and me) ready for tomorrow. A lot of diapers, wipes, extra clothes, bottles, formula and breast milk, not to mention trying to find my work phone and everything that used to be in my purse, that is now in one of the many hidden pockets in the diaper bag.

To make matters worse, the next 2 weeks are really busy. Working until Thursday, doctor appointments on Friday and Monday, the Little Man's blessing is on Sunday, so trying to get enough food (and square footage) to accommodate a LARGE family we expect... then another week of work.

So... I guess compared to the last month or so, this IS the calm before the storm.

I'm also trying to totally ignore the emotional/hormonal side of this. We'll see how successful I am tomorrow morning.




PS -This is the blogs 300th post. 300 the movie... 300th post... it works!

5 comments:

  1. Feel for you! You'll do great.. having family with him will make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mel, the next two weeks will fly by. You'll probably cry everyday, but that's okay too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to get together with you this month...and now it's almost over. I'm glad it's almost over cuz it's been crazy. But wow, time flies. I hope the next 2 weeks goes by fast for you. I have also been meaning to ask you when the blessing was. Now I know. And I'm going to California on friday for a funeral and a wedding. Weird huh? Not the same person. But I won't be back til monday or tuesday so I'll miss it. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Mel. It will be hard but you'll be okay. Let me know how it goes. I would love to come to the blessing. I'll talk to Alan and see if we can make it.

    ReplyDelete