Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today was my mom's birthday, and what a mom I have...

I've come to realize even more over the past few months just what an impact a mother has on her children and their children and so on. Not only have Melanie and I seen two great mothers leave this world in the past three months, but I've had the opportunity to be on the front row to what a new one goes through!

Needless to say my mother and I are two of a kind. We've been through a lot of different experiences together and there are many that come to my mind as I write this...including a trip or two and the time Dave came over to pick her up for a date ("Are you gonna kiss my mom?"). But there's one thing I can say and that is she has always been there for me and never gives up. She'll always love me and usually understands me, and from her I've gained the majority of my most valuable traits - leadership, thoughtfulness, passion for learning new things, and to be loving.

She is a smart and caring example for me. I love you mom. Happy Birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment