Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cakes and (hand) cramps

I imagine that signing your life away (as they say) on a 30-year mortgage might deserve it's own post... but I had my last cake class (for Course 1 anyway) last night and wanted to post pictures.


I have to apologize to my co-workers who sampled my last cake because somehow Justin got it in his head that HE got to take my cake to work. And... given my energy level, I didn't put up much of a fight.









There it is... in all of it's glory. I'm getting better at the white layer -the top was pretty good, but the sides still had crumbs in it. And I did finally seem to manage the 'Wilton Rose' -although if you could see them in person, they still kind of look like carnations.



As far as the cramps... I have to say, I expected a bit more from the Title company. After the runaround we've received from the mortgage company (I'll leave names out to protect the innocent -and not so innocent) today's closing went very smoothly -and quickly. I guess I figured I'd sign my name a lot more, and there would be some kind of looming soundtrack in the background. But, we walked in, signed, chatted for a few minutes, and were done 30 minutes later. Kind of anti-climatic if you ask me.

5 comments:

  1. Just think of all the counter space you are going to have for course 2. I'm rather impressed...and call dibs on the next cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new house! - Haley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new house!! You will absolutely love your new neighbors (the ones a few streets away anyway). The cake looks amazing!! And as of yesterday you are 1/4 of the way toward holding that sweet monkey in your arms!! Big week for the Lafeens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congts and good dreams. If you came away today with crying and then nightmares you are doing better than your mom ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cake. You're good...I would just buy plastic roses and put em on my cake. Actually I'd just buy a cake. Oh and it's divorces that you have to sign your name a bajillion times, not mortgages.

    ReplyDelete