Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why I Like Archie Better

Those of you who missed American Idol last night (either purposely - like Melanie, or accidentally), here was the highlight:



Honestly, he is the better singer of the two. Now there are those who can say that they would buy David Cook's album - and trust me they will have that opportunity - but it is a COMPETITION, and Archuleta won hands down.

When I started watching I thought to myself that David Cook would show an obvious maturity and stage presence that sometimes Archie lacks. However, after the first two songs I thought - he could actually win this thing. By the end I think it was in the bag for David A. We'll see though, stranger things have happened in this competition, and it does have its limits (limited phone lines, etc.), so even though your David might not be winning, don't fret, they both get contracts.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Justin! I am in total agreement with you on this one...shocking! :) David A. totally out performed David C. Which kinda bugged me as I am totally a David C. fan! They are both great performers tho and I think they both will do great things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's right, I try to not watch the show. But don't worry, I heard most of it from upstairs, as well as Justin cheering. You'd think he was watching a Red Sox game or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE!!!!! Cook was so much better than peewee Archuleta - he doesn't even know what is going on...
    Rocker Cook didn't have to have big daddy in the background riding him to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way, dude! Cook was way better. Archie was singing the same type of song over and over again...it got boring. The one time he tried something other than some ballad-like love song, he bombed (attempt at Chris Brown). David Cook proved he can rock out (which is what people want to do at concerts and live shows) and he proved that he can do the softer side too! Plus, he picked a new song in the finale to sing rather than one he'd already conquered! What's with that, Archie? Show us something you haven't done before! I respectfully disagree, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what you're saying is that because his dad is pushin he's a worse singer than Cook?

    Cook was more creative with the music, but the quality of his singing was not as good as David A's. Plus, I'm not into his type of music. That one song he did a few weeks ago was horrendous!

    But either way we know that they both win in the end. Popularity contest aside :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you keep saying its a competition...but what exactly is involved in this competition? Just singing? Or stage presence? Or album likeability? I don't think you can say that the American Idol compeition is just about singing good. Its about having the whole package...and Archie didn't have it, dawg!

    ReplyDelete