Saturday, March 9, 2013

A day in the life...

Today was not my typical day.

My typical day begins around 7 am, give or take 20 minutes (usually it's Miss Kate who wakes us all up if Milo has been kind enough to let me sleep -which he does more often than not).  Kate is super happy and LOUD in the morning.  That girl currently has no volume control anyway, so maybe it just seems louder in the morning.  She can't open the door yet, so she tries to get Hyrum to get up if I don't open the door fast enough.
 Sometimes there's water in there

Usually we spend some time in the bed together, maybe with an iPad or iPhone on.  Bath, showers, getting Milo up and fed, and breakfast.  On a school day we have to leave by 8:45, but either way we're usually done with all of that by then.  Milo is typically ready for a nap by then too.

Hyrum is at school Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I do anywhere from 2-3 (or more if it's a bad week like last week) runs to the auto shop and the bank, typically after we drop off or pick up Hyrum.  Kate is potty training, so last week, and probably the next couple of weeks we'll stick close to home and limit our outings. I try and grocery shop during preschool too -one less kid running errands makes a big difference!

Mondays the kids go over to a neighbors house in the afternoon while I go with her daughter to the church and teach her how to play the organ.  Wednesdays I teach piano to a neighbor boy.  And right now, our friend Erin comes over right after.  So far I've managed to go to the gym during that hour.  Tuesdays or Wednesdays one of the big kids goes to sleep at Mimi and Papa's house (when they're in town) and always come home the next morning with pumpkin bread from the pumpkin bread store (also known as Starbucks).

I've decided to bake a casserole of some sort at least once a week and eat that a few times during the week -until we get sick of it.  I originally told myself I'd make dinner at least 4 nights a week.  That's not going to happen -so, one home cooked meal and maybe another will get us through the week.  Kids are easy!

I exercise once a day.  I'm looking forward for the weather to warm up so we can start our walks, but until then it's been you tube videos, things I find on pinterest, or this pilates chair that Jodi let me borrow.

Sundays, of course, are different.  Get up, get dressed and ready for church (me).  Get the kids bathed, then breakfast, then keep them mostly clean and feed them periodically until we go to church at 11.  Kate and Milo are beyond tired when we get home (it could be worse, it could be 1-4).

That's a typical day (or week).  I do my best to try and keep the house and working order, enough clean clothes for us to wear, and food to eat.  (Not to mention more paperwork on the computer than I have spare hours in the day to complete).

Today was a little different.  The big kids are spending the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Lafeen.  I thought it was just one night, but it ended up being two... an entire day with just a baby?

I started by cleaning out the kids closets, and I got about 60% done with that.  Then I started cleaning out the kids toy box(es) upstairs and down.  I got about 90% done with that.  Milo and I went to the bank, post office (mailing Justin's first package to Afghanistan),  Shopko, Savers (dropping off a big box from the toys and closets) and got me a couple movies from Red Box.  I managed to get caught up on paperwork (I've seriously spend 3-4 hours on the computer during the day) keep the house clean, contend with a more-than-usual needy baby.  I made dinner for a neighbor and planned on walking it over to them.  I realized I forgot to get a bag of chips at the store the night before, (Milo and I went grocery shopping as soon as the big kids left) so we walked to Walgreens and back and then took the dinner over to the neighbor.  I exercised and now I've blogged.

If I was this productive all of the time I'd run out of things to do by next Wednesday.  Or, I could actually pick up a hobby or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment