Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Uncharted territory

So... I really wasn't kidding when I've told people over the last year or more that Justin being gone for a week or so was practice for this deployment.  The most he's been gone was 15 days I think, and once or twice he'd be gone for a week or two and then home for a day or two and then off again for another trip.

The good thing is, we're pretty used to the daily routine of not having him around.  It makes it a little easier, I think.

So, we've passed the 2 week mark, and this week Justin is 'in the army' doing weapons training.  He's still able to call in the evening and we've texted a few times during the day.  And email.  I'm obviously handling a lot of things that Justin used to.  I doubt I'll ever get the hang of the business finances, but I'm getting closer.

For anyone that knows Justin, he LOVES mail!  If anyone wants to send anything to him, he'll get it if it's sent by this coming Monday (March 18th).  I'll post his mailing address in Afghanistan when we get it.

LTJG Justin Lafeen
Charlie Company: Platoon 1
5395 Leesburg Road, Bldg 3931
Eastover, SC 29044-9189





No comments:

Post a Comment