Monday, August 2, 2010

An air mattress, spare bed and a hospital couch.

Here's how our weekend went...

2 days camping. One night with one other family, the second night with our ward. We had a fun time, it wasn't too cold, and the Little Man loved running around, playing with kids and getting dirty.
Rush home Saturday morning, get cleaned up, and attend my brother Matt and Jenny's wedding.

It was a lovely afternoon, despite the sprinkling rain showers, and melting heat (yay for outdoor canyon weddings). The bride and groom looked great and happy, and once again the Little Man ran around non-stop for hours. Lucky for me I have great cousins that chased him around so I could get a small break.
(Family shots are stolen from my cousin's camera. I really need to work on taking pictures of anything or anyone other than the Little Man).
The Little Man and I spent the night at my parents and went to (part of) church with them. He started acting really tired and felt a little warm, so I took him home early. He took an almost 4 hour nap (unheard of) and woke up with a fever. After some Motrin it looked like he was feeling much better... until about 5 minutes before we almost put him in the car.

The poor little man started throwing up and didn't stop. (I'm leaving out some of the gory details). We called the on call doctor about 2 hours later, and before I knew it we were heading to Primary Children's Medical Center. We got there around 10:30 pm, and released around 5:00 pm today after some IV fluids (4 attempts to get the IV in), some anti-nausea medicine some coaxing to actually eat some yogurt.
My house is still a mess, my laundry is still unfinished, but I can't tell you how excited I am to finally sleep in my own bed tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Was he just dehydrated? Why was he so sick? Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so sorry Mel. That sounds horrible. I hope the litle man is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete