Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lately

Lately I've only been taking pictures of the kids (no surprise there) and I seem to be able to update their blogs a few times a month, but the family blog is probably lacking in our daily doings.

So far in 2012...

Justin has traveled to Toronto and is heading for California next week.  

I've been to a funeral.  One of my friends (since Kindergarten) step-father passed away after cancer.  I haven't been to a funeral for years where I haven't been in the family section.  I still became overwhelmed emotionally, but it had very little to do with the funeral and more to do with someone attending it.  I had no idea I felt so strongly about this person.  Turns out if you mess with one of my friends, I take it very personally.  

I've done church once on my own.  This is probably the hardest part of Justin being in the Navy. I'm sure I'll feel very different about that in 2013, but just having to do church on my own with 2 kids and having to play the organ in Sacrament meeting is pretty tough. 

Hyrum has spent at least 2 nights with the Lafeens, one with the Goughs and once or twice with my parents when I was there.  Kate went to the Lafeen's and Hardcastles.  They usually do really well on sleepovers.  But, since it's at the grandparents, they usually come home a little more tired than usual.  A small price to pay for a night off -usually.  

We visited a preschool that Hyrum will probably attend.  His cousin Laila went there and they loved it.  I wish I could find someone to carpool with, but probably won't -no matter where he goes, so we might as well go somewhere with high recommendations.


We went to the aquarium with Grandma Hardcastle.  They have a new sea otter exhibit.  They slept the whole time we were there.  Maybe we'll try again this week to see if we can see them playing in their cool new home.  

We found out they were able to recover all of our files from our media drive that crashed.  At least we'll get our money's worth.  And a new hard drive.  

We've attended 2 birthday parties, including a surprise party for my sister.  Hyrum is still talking about yelling "Surprise, Happy Birthday, Jodi"

We had a week of abnormally warm weather and made it to a park a couple of times.  


We had friends and cousins come over to play.









Lot's of time inside this month to play with trains.  

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you that church on your own w/ kids totally sucks! Luckily I won't have to do it again for a while.....it's hard.

    ReplyDelete