Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gough Family Vacation -the rest of it.



Friday was was a pretty calm day -pool time and recovering from our long day at Disneyland.  Lisa and Dave offered to watch the kids while we went out to dinner, so we went out to Sushi.  Saturday we cleaned up and packed.  We headed out for Las Vegas around 11 and stopped for lunch about an hour later before driving through the Mojave desert again.  We had to make a lot more stops on that leg of the trip -potty breaks and to stretch our legs, but we finally made it to Las Vegas.  We stayed in a really nice (and big) condo.  It was cold and rainy when we arrived, so we didn't go to the pool, but there was a hot top in our room that entertained our kids for a bit.


While Justin and Hyrum ran to get something for dinner Kate tripped next to one of the end tables and fell into one of the handles -with her nose.  I was worried it was broken, but there was no blood, she didn't seem super bothered by it after the initial hit, and there really isn't much they can do for a broken nose anyway, so we didn't take her in.  I thought she'd have two black eyes the next morning, but she didn't -so hopefully that means it didn't break after all.



We got probably the best night of sleep of the whole trip -I actually woke up around 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep for a bit.  My body must have been used to getting up sometime during the night.  We left for Salt Lake as soon as we could get out of the door that next morning -around 7:30.

We had to stop about 3 times (between Hyrum and his cousins needing to stop) in the first 3 hours or so... but then made pretty good time -considering we drove through a white-out for an hour or two.








It was sure nice to be home -I think Kate might have been the most excited out of all of us.  I normally wouldn't have had too much laundry to do either (since normally I do part of it at the condo before we leave) but since we weren't sure what caused (and possibly caught a ride home with us) Justin's itching -I had to wash everything again.  I think I'm finally done with laundry.  About the same time I'm done with this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment