Friday, September 18, 2015

The Cabin

(For those of you keeping track... I'm WAY behind blog posts.  I'll catch up.  Later)

We had a cabin growing up.  It wasn't fancy, but it was awesome.  Close enough to go up for an evening, far enough away that it felt like you were getting away.  I have countless memories of going up there with our family, my dad's family, and every once in a while our extended family.  There was an irrigation canal 50 yards away that we'd walk to and play in.  A small creek on the property.  Tons of space within the fenced yard and surrounding areas.  There was a swing set out front.  A BBQ pit and picnic table after a while.  There was only two bedrooms, one on the main level, which is where the bathroom was, and another upstairs.  The coolest part was the steeper than steep stairs heading upstairs (which made for an awesome slide on foam mats) and a loft overlooking the living room.  My great-grandpa built it with the help of his 4 sons and whatever grandkids were around.  (My dad was on a mission when they built it).

It's now under contract to be sold, along with the 20+ acres surrounding it.  I insisted that we have one last evening up there, and even though not everyone could make it, I loved being up there once last time.





































No comments:

Post a Comment