Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Stroller

*warning* this post will be incredibly boring to anyone who is not in the market for a new stroller, which is a total of... none of you. But, it's all I've been thinking about for a couple of months, so here it is.

My newest obsession? A new stroller. With a 2 year old and a newborn, it's a necessity. And, just in case, I tried going to the mall with Kate in the car seat and stroller, and holding Hyrums hand -just walking through one store to the playground area -it was a disaster. Not so much on the way in, but on the way out it became very apparent that we did need a double stroller.

Our current stroller has been an okay purchase, I loved having a jogger, but we had a few problems with it almost right away. We've made do, and it really has been a good stroller, especially for the price. The problem with the double joggers is they're HUGE!

And, the tandem double strollers and super long and hard to maneuver. I was certain that if I did enough research, read enough reviews, and tried out enough models in the store, I'd find the perfect double stroller. I've decided such a thing does not exist. You pretty much need two of them, a jogger and a tandem.

So, my choice was... do I try and buy a cheap tandem and then this spring buy a cheap jogger (keep in mind, there is actually no such thing as a cheap anything when it comes to baby gear) or... try and spend a bit of money (and to Justin, no amount of money is just a bit) on just one stroller, and hope it fits our needs.

I'm not kidding you, I lost sleep over this decision. Ridiculous, I know.

So... I went with the tandem sort, but what's called a sit and stand. It's a bit shorter than a regular double, and this one lets you put the car seat closest to you and allows the older child to sit in the front. It gives me another 6 months or so before Hyrum has to sit on the back sit/stand area. Of course, I had to choose a newer version, one that no one actually carried in their stores, so I ordered it online. I just had to hope that it would fit okay in our Civic. (A new, larger vehicle is in our near future, but not quite yet. But, strangely enough, I won't obsess over that purchase -I'm pretty sure a new Subaru will find it's way into our garage without too much of a fuss.)

Success. It came today (even after I decided on the type of stroller, then I had to kid myself for weeks thinking I could score some great deal on it, but I did okay I thought), and it fits in the trunk. I don't kick it when I walk (a problem for most strollers other than a jogger) and it seems really sturdy and good quality.

Now... I need to find a new obsession. How would I spend my ample free time if I don't?

Oh, and if anyone cares, it's a Joovy Ergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment