Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Figures

I love sleep. Not only do I enjoy it immensely, I need it.

Don't get me wrong, we ALL need sleep. And, I don't have any kind of disorder that requires me to get more than the average adult. But, I'm a beast if I don't get enough sleep on a regular basis. I think this is why I have a hard time with newborn babies. I know I'm not alone or unique in this.

So... the last 3 months, if I've been lucky enough to get both kids asleep at the same time, you better believe I try to take a nap. Who knows how much sleep I had the night before, and who knows how much I'll get that night. The joy's of having a new baby.

I had a week or two where I was able to take a nap almost every day. Lately, I haven't been so lucky. I consider it a good week if it happens once. Maybe twice.

So today, I was fully prepared to miss out on even the chance of a nap because I needed to renew my drivers license (which could be another post all its own). I told Justin I could even take Kate with me, but I couldn't take Hryum. I got them both down for a nap and because Justin didn't have any calls in the next hour or so, I got to go by myself. Seriously, who else but a mom of young children gets excited to go to the DMV just because it's without children?

Anyway, I went the DMV. Stood in my lines, took my bad picture, paid my money. I even stopped at the bank on the way home. By the time I got back, Hyrum had just woke up. And Kate? Kate must love her daddy more than me, because that girl is STILL asleep.

I missed out on a 2 hour nap.

Stupid drivers license.

No comments:

Post a Comment