Monday, July 25, 2011

Still here

I am having a hard time keeping up to date with the blog this summer. I've actually created a few posts, but haven't managed to get the pictures on it, so I'm holding off on posing. Hopefully I can rectify that tonight.

We've had a busy summer, and have a few more busy weeks to go. Justin has been out of town for three weeks of it so far, and two more weeks to go later next month. Hyrum has learned how to say "Dad's in Michigan, Chicago, and Washington D.C." and will soon learn Rhode Island. He seems pretty sad, missing his dad, especially after the first few days.


We've already been camping once-with TWO kids- so far this summer. Last weekend was Denise's family reunion at Fremont State Park. It was a really nice group camp ground (flush bathrooms and even showers), but pretty hot without a lot of tree's. We played in a nearby lake, went on a few walks/hikes , ate good food, and hung out with family. It was just one night, and the kids did okay. Hyrum had a hard time falling asleep at night, but it was nice to have an air conditioned trailer for naps on Saturday. We have the ward campout this weekend, and a whole week of festivities for Midvale that Justin's involved in the following week.


The kids are growing up so fast. Kate is so big and way too close to crawling for my liking. She sits on her own for the most part and can roll around the living room before I have time to put the groceries away. She'll get up on her knees and rock back and fo
rth all of the time -I have a feeling she'll be crawling before the summer is over.Hyrum is kind of at a standstill on toilet training. That's really our constant obsession these days. We're not doing too bad, but there's definitely room for improvement. In other area's he is sure maturing. It's been fun to watch as he starts to become more imaginative in his play. He seems to have entire conversations with family, friends, and even neighbors on the phone. He plays with his toys and talks them, and they talk to each other. He is still great with his letters and numbers and we're starting to color a lot more.
I'm heading up to girls camp (just for one day) this week and by the time I get back, we'll have a friend from Brazil staying with us for a while, so I imagine we'll do the tourist thing in our own backyard again, which is always pretty fun.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I go crazy on the one or two nights a week that paul has late meetings. I'm not cut out for single parenting, and I only have one kid! By the way, love the picture of Kate in her fuzzy bear sleeper thing. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete