Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Unlucky

I'm sure my brother would HATE that I am posting this, but since I'm quite certain he never reads the blog I think I'm safe.  His wife Jes reads it, but I'll risk it.

If you're in my family... chances are you don't have your appendix.  4 out of 6.

You could possibly have had surgery on your knees.  2 out of 6.

Corrective lenses?  5 out of 6.  (Now it's 4 out of 6 thanks to Lasik).

You have had crappy backs and joints most of your adult-ish life.  5 or 6 out of 6.

Arthritis?  3 or 4 out of 6.

Had a neurosurgeon open you up?  As of tomorrow morning, 4 out of 6.

Gordon is scheduled to have a bulged disk fixed tomorrow by the same doctor that did my tailbone surgery 7 years ago.  Technically the neurosurgeon sat and watched the general surgeon take a giant cyst out and then decide to leave the broken tailbone alone.  Lucky for him (Gordon) we still know the office manager very well, and he was able to get in to see the dr and be available for surgery much quicker than he had at first anticipated.

2 out of the 3 of us that have had surgery similar to this had the decency to heal and recover without an added infection and surgery (but then again, 2011 just wasn't my mom's year).  Hopefully Gordon will recover quickly and be ready for the miles of walking we plan to do in New York in 7 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment