Friday, July 13, 2012

Escape

It's hot this summer.  Not just normal, Utah hot, but record-breaking heat wave hot.  And it's not just cuz' I'm pregnant.  I have second and third opinions on this one.  We had a handful of days where it was above 100 degrees in June, and it hasn't slowed down in July.  I think we had 3 or 4 days just this week where it's over 100. 

Anyway, my dad and mom were looking for a break from the heat and invited us along last Saturday.  We drove up the canyon and headed towards Mirror Lake.  It sort of looked like it was raining, so we had an early dinner before we got to the lake, but then drove up and walked around it.  I don't know if the group of us were planning on walking around the entire lake (I was wearing flip flops and the kids got a bit tired) but we made it.  And... the best part?  It was cool enough that we were wearing jackets.  Jackets!  It was wonderful, I didn't want to come home to our house that had sat in the heat all day.  But we did, and so far, I'm surviving the heat.


Kate insisted on wearing her hat on this trip.  















No comments:

Post a Comment