Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kiwanis 5K

This is the 3rd or 4th year of the Kiwanis 5K. In the past Justin has had a bit more responsibility, but lucky for everyone involved, he didn't have too much to do on the day.  Especially since his flight home from Washington DC the night before was cancelled and he didn't make it back to Utah until about 4 hours after it was over.

Also, due to some scheduling conflicts and issues, the date had to be pushed back this year.  It was nice because it was much warmer than it usually is, but it actually got pretty hot and there weren't as many people that showed up.  I'm not sure how much money they were able to raise for their programs.

At any rate, a few family members still showed up to support and run.  Or at least watch and play with my kids.  My mom, Jodi, Jessica, and Wade all came, with everyone running but me and my mom.  Although, Kate ran with Hyrum and he actually ran two races (the kids something-meter dash and the half mile), and I ended up running the half mile with my prego belly and all.  So, we were represented nicely.

You can also see from these sad looking pictures that I really needed a new camera.  Which I have now.

Wade at the starting line.  

It looks like I'm in the witness protection program or something with my face all smudged.  

Running his race.  

I helped Kate a bit.  We've learned over the years that the smallest kid usually gets trampled.  



Greg let Hyurm have a metal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment