Sunday, September 16, 2012

Elder Hardcastle

My cousin Paul just arrived home from his mission in South Korea.  I was a horrible cousin and wrote to him a total of zero times.  I'd like to say that I at least sent him Christmas cards and maybe Kate's birth announcement.  I'm pretty sure I managed that much, but probably not anything more.  Sorry Paul!

He was super skinny and looked just as shell-shocked as all other newly returning missionaries do. I guess his flight getting into the country was delayed and he missed his connecting flight.  He was supposed to arrive from Portland at 1pm, but didn't get there until 4 o'clock.  I thought it would be nice for Hyrum to go, and with all of his uncles and grandpa there, he'd be entertained at the airport for a while.


We (my parents, Gordon and Jess and Matt and Jenny) ended up leaving for a bit and getting something to eat and then going back.  By the time we were back at the airport Hyrum and sort of lost interest in why we were there, but he managed to keep himself entertained.  (Thanks to Gordon, Matt, and my dad who went on a LOT of escalator rides).


Welcome home, Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment