Sunday, June 9, 2013

May 28-June 9

May 28


It rained today.  A lot.  The parking lot next to us was a giant pool and our rain gutters were about filled to capacity.

May 29

I really like that I belong to a book club.  It's nothing fancy, just four mom's that take turns picking the books and hosting every month.  There's always more than enough kids around, so sometimes we don't talk much about the book.  But, I've read a lot of books that I would have never read on my own, so it's really nice.

May 30

Hyrum's last day of school (other than the six weeks of summer program).  They did a carnival/circus show for the parents and Miss Leslie (and Miss Sandy and Miss Shannon) had carnival games for the kids.  Hyrum was a 'animal trainer' and he did a great job!


May 31

I have ants.  In the kitchen.  They're coming up through a floor board that has separated a bit.  If I keep the floor spotless they stay away, of course.  That's a little difficult for me.  I sweep and/or vacuum a couple times a day now, and there is almost always a crumb that get's left overnight. And then I get to vacuum up the ants in the morning.  Right now I'm trying Tide detergent to get rid remedy the situation.  I'm not sure how effective it has been.

June 1

We went on a field trip to the museum at Hill Air Force Base with Grandma Hardcastle, Jodi and Stella.

June 2

Pictures of Kate in church.  Yes, this is not appropriate behavior in church.

June 3

Unwanted guest in the house.

June 4

I have cute boys.  Cute, mellow, mostly patient boys.  Hyrum just adores his brother.

June 5

Kate's had a rough few days.  Seeing her sleeping was a welcome sight this day.

June 6

Hyrum's last tball game.  I love that he get's to play with his Grandpa Lafeen, who he loves and is a really good coach.  I hate that it's usually a 3+ hour affair by the time we leave the house to when we get back.  However, the memories they'll make out weighs the gas and time spent, so I hope it'll always be worth it.

June 7

The dentist.  I hate going.

June 8

My friend Kathy during her 60+ mile ride.  She does the ride almost every year with her family (it's a Diabetes fund raising event.  This is Kathy, Dan, and Laura.  I obviously didn't take the pic, but I made plans to go up and see them for dinner and she sent me this picture.

June 9

Another one I sort of stole.  Our quarterly or every other month get together with the Petersen clan for birthdays.  I duel explosion between Hyrum and Kate got me off to a bad start, so I didn't manage to get a picture.  This one Jodi sent me.  We made ice cream malts with all the fixins.  I didn't actually get one (not that it wasn't offered) but I did finish Kate's off.  It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment