Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas!

It was hard to wait until after Thanksgiving this year to decorate for some reason, probably because it was so late in the month, but I did.

And, it took me a few extra days to actually get my tree up, since my pre-lit tree wasn't so pre-lit this year.  I had three light sections that were out and had to take them off and restring new lights.  I sure hope a different set doesn't decide to go off next year, because it was a pain!  But, once it was up, I loved it.  Just like every year.  That's one thing I will surely miss about this house when we finally move.  An awesome spot for a 10 foot tall tree.

I've also wanted a new wreath for a year or two and kind of wanted a burlap one.  As luck would have it, my ward had their first ever Super Saturday Craft Day in a decade... and they made wreaths!  I added a bit more burlap than they showed us, and I ended up breaking up my old wreath (red berries) to add to it, but I really liked how it turned out.



We started the Christmas season with a new activity, seeing the lights turn on at Temple Square.  It was pretty crowded, but ended up being a fun night.


I finally put up a kids tree this year.  I only got out a few old ornaments that were mostly non breakables and let the kids help decorate the tree.  They loved it.




We also went to Gardner Village for the 2nd year in a row this year to pick out ornaments and ride a few 'Christmas' ponies.

Dad bought a Gingerbread house this year too that came already put together, just needed to be decorated.  The big kids loved it.

My Aunt Judy gave the kids a chocolate advent calendar to all the kids.  Kate didn't understand the concept.  She ate hers AND Milo's when I was in the shower one morning

No comments:

Post a Comment