Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A day at the Lake

Technically, it was a reservoir, Deer Creek reservoir.

Scott has only had his boat out once this summer, and we managed to get invited along for the second trip.  It was warm and sunny, not very windy (but a little choppy on the water) and a really fun (and long) day.  The kids loved it.  I mean, Milo loved falling asleep on Grandma Lafeen on his one and only trip out.  Hyrum even got on the tube with Justin.  I think I should have volunteered to go out with him, it was the slowest and smoothest ride Grandpa Lafeen managed all day.

Justin did get me to go out with him once, on the tube.  I didn't mind it.  And I didn't even mind falling off, after Justin let go and I lost my center of gravity on the thing.  I did wonder if I was going to break my jaw during my short ride though.  I may have made it out for a second go (I wasn't planning on it) but on the my second attempt to get back on the boat later on in the day I slipped and ended up banging every single inch of both of my shins on the boat and getting a fairly nasty cut on one of them.  I still have two bumps on one of my shins, 3 weeks later.  That, and we stalled out in the middle of the reservoir and had to be towed by some very nice (and non english speaking) guys who luckily got us away from the rocks and back to shore.  We're pretty sure we just ran out of gas.  It's a new boat for Scott and we're pretty sure once the fuel gage goes past 1/4 tank it's not very accurate.

The best part of the day was most definitely watching Justin and Tom try and get on the water weenie was one of the funniest things I've seen in my life.  I took a video with Tom's phone, but I've yet to get a copy... that might not be a coincidence.






No comments:

Post a Comment