Sunday, May 8, 2016

April in May


I've learned something about myself in the last year, after starting working again.  Well, technically, I have learned a lot of things, but we'll stick with this one for now.  I like associating with people that choose to open their hearts and work with people with disabilities as much as I like associating with people that have the disabilities.  It takes a special person to be able to work with special people.  

This week a young person I worked with finished her particular race in this life.  She was trapped in a body that never worked properly and never allowed her the freedoms that most of us are born with.  Yet, she was one of the most happy and upbeat people I've met.  She had an infections smile and laugh, which she seemed to always be doing. She told everyone that she loved and had missed them -and here's the thing -she really meant it.  Everyone that worked with her immediately loved her, and I was no exception.  I was grateful to spend what little time I did with her, and know that that she is experiencing a particular sense of joy and peace that she was denied for so long.  


No comments:

Post a Comment