Friday, July 17, 2009

It's a Pirates Life for me

To be honest... I wanted the title of this post to be the 'Arrrr' pirates sound slowly turning into the 'Ooouuu' part of Ouch. But, I couldn't figure out how to spell it.

Allow me to explain.

Following our recent vacation to Idaho with Justin's family we arrived home to this.




I'm sure you'll all noticing the pirate flags (I noticed the clean house -thanks Justin).

We had a couple of friends watch our house while we were gone, and this is what happens when you give your friends your key for a weekend.

Pretty funny -and you had better watch your back!

After we cleaned up the pirate-ness (and ate the dots) I didn't want the pirate theme to end.

So... I've been walking like a peg-legged pirate. All. Week.

Turns out a (not-so) friendly little spider (or other unidentified bug) decided my ankle and foot were too tasty to pass up. So he bit me. Twice.
I thought they were mosquito bites. Even itched them on the way home on Sunday and put calamine lotion on it Sunday evening.

Monday morning? I almost fell when I got out of bed. To look at my foot, it doesn't really look that bad. Two red bug bites and some mild swelling, but I couldn't even walk on it.


Over the next two days if I had the Little Man with me, I scooted down the stairs on my butt. Pretty pathetic. I took advantage of Justin being home during the day and he would go and get him and take him back up some of the time. I saw a doctor, but because I had no idea what bit me, and didn't show any signs of infection, there wasn't much they could do.


Starting on Wednesday it started to get a little better. I can't take much of anything. Benadryl puts me into a short-lived coma (tried that on Monday) but doesn't do much for the swelling. I haven't taken much for the pain -kind of hard to with an 8 month old.

So, I'm icing it (yes, Kathy, some people actually ice their injuries) and putting it up when I can. Our clean house is usually a wreck because I can't stand long enough to do anything (picture me making dinner with my leg up on the counter -turns out I'm pretty flexible).

Every morning it does feel a little better better, but at this rate, it's going to take another week to be at 100%. I don't think our house can take it much longer!


(My obligatory picture of the Little Man)

No comments:

Post a Comment