Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In other news...

My ankle is still petty bad. Not from the spider bite anymore, from walking like a gimp FROM the spider bite. Now the OTHER side of the foot is swollen and I have tendonitis. Wonderful. I saw a doctor last week who told me to stay of it and keep it up. Which, would be REALLY easy if I was 12 and my mom gave me a bell and brought me my lunch. It's not so easy with an 8 month old and stairs. And, an increasingly dirty house. Oh, AND packing f0r and going on camping trips.

So, I'm going to see a physical therapist tomorrow to make sure I'm not doing more damage and maybe get some help with the recovery. If I go another week away from the gym I might go crazy.

I'm not kidding.
------------
I went shopping with a friend yesterday. I told her I needed a cute outfit for Justin's high school reunion. Man, she is a champion shopper, I tried on more clothes in one store than I normally do in a year. And, we didn't even get to half of the places we were planning on (see previous post about sick baby). I got a couple of things for a good deal, but they might not be what I'm wearing to the reunion.



However... I did get this.



Most of you might not know what a big step this is for me. (Whether it's a step in the right or wrong direction has yet to be determined). I don't like purses. I definitely don't LOVE purses, and wouldn't spend large or even medium amounts of money on designer purses, I just don't see the point.

But, I've come to the point of motherhood (that sounds old) where I need a larger purse. The Little Man doesn't always require his diaper bag anymore, but I need something bigger then I have (or EVER had) to bring a few essentials. So... here's my big purse. It's at least 3 times bigger than anything I've ever had. And, I've had to swallow my pride, because I've spent a lot of years mocking all of you big-purse lovers out there.

--------------

I don't do many updates on the Little Man on this blog. I figure if you really care to know, I've got you on his blog (if you're reading this and wish with all of your heart you could get more pictures and updates on the Little Man, please send me your email address). But, he's pretty mobile these days.

I think he's SUPER close to crawling (oh, man, I'm going to have to get some gates and start vacuuming more often). He rolls ALL over the living room, until he runs into something he can't get around. He's doing that rocking thing on his knees and hands, but just lunges forward and falls. His new thing is shaking his head 'no'. Even though he has no idea what 'no' means.

He loves to sit at his toy bucket and pull all of the toys out. And, he's started putting toys in his mouth with no hands -he looks likes a puppy!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, welcome to the land of big purses...buhahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations on getting a big purse. I actually don't like diaper bags,so I just bought a big red bag this time around. I like it and I don't feel all "motherly" when I am out and about with it.

    ReplyDelete