Monday, March 1, 2010

The end of an era!

I've been going to the same dentist for almost (gulp) 26 years now.

Dr. Pete.

My entire family loves Dr. Pete, and as kids we looked forward to going to the dentist every 6 months. He is very charismatic and funny, he remembered who you were each time AND you always got sugar free suckers and extra prizes after each visit.

I even enjoyed going as an adult. I never had to have cavities filled until my early 20's, and I may have enjoyed the 'laughing gas' a little too much. I think I told him I was going to stop brushing my teeth all together just to get the gas more often.

I continued to see him after going away to college, and even moving to Salt Lake. I still drive an hour to and from Roy every 6 months (more often if I have work done, which isn't very often) and every time I drive up there, I think to myself, "this is the last time I'm coming here. I need to find a dentist closer to my home" And every time, I just make a new appointment.

Dr. Pete is getting older, and closer to retirement. In fact, he only works about 4 days a month, so it's harder and harder to actually schedule a time in advance that he will be in the office. So, I did it. We said goodbye. He gave me a hard time, but when I asked if he'd be here in another 6 months he didn't have an answer for me.

Thanks, Dr. Pete, for keeping my teeth looking great and making going to the dentist a good experience for almost 30 years.

I just hope I can find someone as fun as he is for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment