Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cut off

I've known for quite a while that I'm addicted to technology and being connected to others.

I don't think I'm alone with this addiction.

I do have my limits -I don't twitter, but I love facebook.

I have a smartphone, but it's an 'old' blackberry, which I use as a phone (surprised?), to check email, and by google reader. That's about it. Oh, and maybe the score (and sometimes play by play) of certain Red Sox games.

Since Friday my phone has been randomly turning off and even after I take the battery out and get it back on I can only sometimes make calls or check texts. The other day it worked for almost 24 hours (I was so excited) and then I woke up yesterday and it wouldn't work most of the morning. I backed it up on the computer and upgraded the software.

It worked!

For about 18 hours.

I haven't been able to get it to work in any capacity for about 8 hours now.

I'm not hopeful for tomorrow.

And to make matters better? I can't get our home phone to work either. (Long story).

I hope 911 accepts emails just in case anything happens tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment