Monday, December 27, 2010

Announcement

I've been meaning to mention this for a while now, but I keep forgetting.

After much discussion (and a few arguments) we're making our family blog private at the beginning of the year. Justin's been begging me make it private for a couple of years now. If we had been a bit smarter at the beginning we wouldn't have used our name in the address, but I don't think we thought about the privacy issue at the time.

For those of you that use Google Reader (and if you don't... why aren't you?) I'm going to keep this blog address and use it as a pre-blog. (Thanks for the idea Jodie.)

I'll post here when any of our three blogs is updated with a link, so you'll know when to check it. For me, that's the most annoying part of private blogs. I know it's a pain to log in... but I'm sure you'll get over it.

So... if you've been invited to the kids blogs (I'm still getting used to that term -kids) I'll add you (whether or not you're actually still following). And if not, send me you address in the comments -I won't post your email address. If you're a blog-lurker, and don't worry, I do it to plenty of other people, maybe just mention that to me, and we'll add you.

I really like being 'found' on the internet, and finding people that I haven't seen for a while or done a good job at keeping in contact with. But, I agree with Justin that with all of the teaching he's doing for universities... and his new adventure that starts on Wednesday, it's probably time that try and keep a little bit better control on the information that we allow on the internet.

That's our big announcement -I'm glad that none of you thought we might be announcing that I'm pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think you will like going private. It's not really that bothersome to log in each time. Besides, then you can put things on there that may be a bit more 'personal'...and you know who will be reading it!
    Sign me up if that is needed on your end!
    I hope you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete