Friday, December 3, 2010

Observations of a mall walker

I've mentioned before that the Little Man and I have become mall walkers this winter. I still have a gym membership, but this gets both of us out of the house, and with Justin's new schedule, I can't really get to the gym in the morning. It's a pretty busy place before all of the stores open, I was surprised. Here's a few things I've noticed...

-The mall opens at 10am. Pretty much every mall in any city will open at 10, is that a surprise to anyone? I don't understand people that arrive early (sometimes as much as an hour early) and sit outside the stores. Good use of time people.

-I love the old people walking around, especially the ones carrying around with handheld radio's. No ear phones, just a radio with an antenna that isn't turned up very loud.

-I'll never understand the Hot Dog on a Stick uniforms... but why do pervy old men have to make comments to the girls?
-There's an obvious flow to the walkers. We're in America... we usually stay to the right, and tend to walk clockwise. But, there always has to be ONE lady that insists on walking against the flow of walkers. And she always seems surprised when she nearly runs into people around corners.

-One last one. Maybe this particular group gets the mall really early, but there is always a couple of dozen of old people sitting in the food court, with the tables pulled together, talking and drinking coffee. It's just funny to me, it makes it look like a big table in the high school cafeteria.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post it made me laugh. I can just see that lady's face as she rounds the corner surprised that someone is there. Maybe sometime we should walk her way and see if it's better...NAH!

    ReplyDelete