Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 4

I can't believe it's only Wednesday. Seriously. It's nearly the end of Wednesday, but still. We're four days into our two weeks with Justin being at his Navy Officer Training in Rhode Island. He sneaks in texts during the day (although it's mostly about to-do lists) and a few before he goes to bed. As far as I know he's passed all of his physical tests... and I'm not sure what else he's been doing.

We've been trying to get out of the house everyday, although I think I'm starting to lack adult conversation. I met a friend at the mall yesterday for about an hour (and tried to keep our kids from killing each other and others) and today I spoke to the day care lady at the gym. Twice. That's it. We also went to the library on Monday, but you can get in and out of there without speaking to anyone with their fancy computers. I think I've talked to my sister once or twice, and sent way to many chat messages to a friend during a game on my phone.

The next two days should be better. Tomorrow I have a few things on my schedule and I might go to a family party in the evening. And Friday I have book club and lunch with friends. The house is mostly clean at night and I'm even trying to tackle a few de-junking projects. Although with kids with colds and one that's teething, I haven't been able to get as much done as I had hoped at this point.

I like sleeping sideways on the bed and I haven't had to do any laundry yet, and I think I'm running the dishwasher half the time. I get to watch whatever I want to on tv at night (although Justin is gone enough in the evenings that isn't too exciting) and I'm getting pretty far in two books I'm reading.

I've showered every day, (today it was at the gym, and oddly enough, it was probably the most relaxing shower I've had since Saturday) and I've done my hair everyday but today. Pretty good stats, as far as I'm concerned. Ah... the life of a some-what single mom.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Melanie - I'm sorry. lets plan a day for you guys to come over and hang out for a while next week.

    ReplyDelete