Sunday, August 14, 2011

Diners, Drive-In's and Dives

Yesterday we went to TWO (2) local spots featured on the show (that I have never seen) Diners, Drive-in's and Dives. And... the Log Cabin on Hill Air Force Base.

This weekend was a drill weekend for Justin, and he wouldn't have gone (since he is going for two weeks at the end of the month) except that there was an Admiral visiting. They had a lunch on base that families were invited to, so I went and then a dinner that Justin coordinated for the officers. We went to Red Iguana, which has been featured on the Food Network show. I don't know about their whole menu, but it was super busy and what I ordered could be the BEST thing I've ever had from a Mexican place. It was amazing! Pretty spicy, but if you're going their anytime you can't go wrong with the steak specialty. Couldn't pronounce or remember the name of it, but you'd be able to figure it out. I think the local and visiting officers enjoyed the meal and atmosphere.

Then... because my dad was the afternoon babysitter and had to deal with two kids who didn't nap well (or at all) and had a near incident with the potty training grandchild, we decided to stop and bring home some ice cream. You can't grow up in Roy and not visit the Burger Bar at least a dozen times (I think it's in the city by-laws) but I realized Justin had never been there. While we were waiting in line I noticed their banner which advertised the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We watched the you-tube clip while waiting for our shakes, which was pretty funny.

So... one evening and two spots featured on tv. Not bad I guess. The shake was just as good as I remember them being. And just as big too.

No comments:

Post a Comment