Monday, April 9, 2012

No good deed...

No good deed goes unpunished.  Neither does speeding, eventually.

Today I was on my way to volunteer on a Human Rights Committee for a company I used to work with back when I used to work.  I was speeding, trying to get my kids to my aunts in time for me to make it to the meeting on time.  This really isn't anything new -I speed a lot.

An officer on a motorcycle pulled up behind me as I was waiting to turn.  I knew I had been speeding.  I also knew I did not have a current copy of our registration in the car (stupid, I know).  I was sweating bullets almost  immediately.  He turned on his lights.  I had no idea what happens if you don't have a current registration.

Lucky for me (looking for a silver lining) he only asked for my license.  At least I had that.  He was super nice and said something about going to Utah State.  (We have an Aggie license plate).  I tried to play that angle as much as possible, and he was super chatty when he came back to the car.  With my ticket.  He wrote it for 5 mph over the limit.  I was going 16 over when he clocked me.  I guess that's another silver lining.  I hadn't been pulled over for about 12 years, at least.  Hyrum told me I should have been going slower.

I guess he was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment