Monday, August 19, 2013

Lately

I ran the Davis County 5 K.  I 'trained' 3 times on a treadmill.  I was quite surprised (and pleased) with the results.  I can't find the official time, but when I ran across the finish line it was about 31 minutes 30 seconds. A lot faster than I managed at the gym, and I was able to run and keep up with my pace the whole time.  Maybe I can shave off a minute next year (and feel less like I'm going to die at the end).  No pictures, but I got a few of the kids doing the (very) muddy kids run after the 5K.






Justin has an itinerary for when he comes home.  I'm not sure why I don't really believe it, or know how to plan for it.  I guess once his replacement actually gets there (Sept 12) and he actually leaves Afghanistan (Sept 29) it might feel more real that he'll be home 2 weeks from then.  I'm a little out of practice with cooking dinner every night and it'll take some getting used to sharing my bed again.




More than 6 months after our pictures were taken, I finally hung pictures on the wall.  Kate was younger than Milo in the last ones.  

I sort of organized and cleaned out the 'toy basement'.  (Hyrum's name for the unfinished basement).  There's actually a place for the kids to play and they stay out of the 'off-limits' area 90% of the time.  (That percentage drops when they have friends over though).  I also re-organized the built in book shelves in the piano room and the kids don't play in there any more either.  Hyrum is simply incapable of NOT climbing things.  If he can climb up and jump off of something, I think he's physically incapable of just walking away.  

I finally returned to a dermatologist.  My face doesn't fair well during pregnancies, and on top of the acne that I get to experience I got an infection on my chin this last time.  It was bad.  Like, doctors and nurses audibly gasped when they saw me kind of bad.  I tried to take a picture.  I did a few times, but deleted them.  I suppose I should have wanted to document it, but the other part of me didn't want to remember how bad it looked (and felt).  The acne and pain has been gone since my first (of three) antibiotics following delivery.  I've been left with a lot of red around my chin still and a little bit of scaring on my cheeks.  It took more effort than it should have (and no less than a dozen phone calls between three doctors offices and my insurance company) to get an appointment.  I had to go back to the doctor will less than stellar bedside manner.  He essentially threw this pamphlet at me, barked a prescription at the MA and would have walked back out of the room if I hadn't made him stop and talk to me.  The picture isn't far off from what it's looked like at it's worse, so hopefully this IS what I have now, and this final antibiotic will fix at least this problem.


I went to a movie by myself.  I think I've done that 2 other times in my life.  I forgot the Lafeen's were taking the kids Saturday night, and I usually go the gym when I don't have the kids, but since I had just run 3 miles I gave myself a break.  I was also going to go to the temple, but my parents ended up being in Salt Lake and we went to dinner instead.  

Hyrum starts school the first Wednesday in September.  Afternoons.  I'm not looking forward to the afternoon part.  I usually take advantage of being one kid down and do my errands during his preschool, but now the little's will be down for a nap.  Maybe it won't be so bad, it's been a year or more that I've actually had everybody and home down for a nap, maybe I could pick up a hobby.


Kate is still not potty trained.  

Milo is a great little scooter.  He has no interest in pulling himself up, although he does get on all fours to sit up and pivot around, and sort of scoot backwards.  It's kind of strange since the other kids were walking by now.  He must know he's my baby!  


No comments:

Post a Comment