Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week with the Hardastles

Jodi and Stella came into town for a week, and we didn't miss a minute of it.

We picked the two of them up at the airport and came back to our house for dinner.  (Jodi took our extra car for the week from there)

The kids were so excited to see Jodi and Ste-ya, even Milo.



Tuesday Jodi came down and we all went to Wheeler Farm.  The only clear pictures were of the two that were strapped into strollers.






Wednesday we had a family dinner at my parents.


Thursday my mom came with all of us and we headed to the zoo.






Friday we had our annual girls trip to Swiss Days and Park City.  This year's was a bit condensed, an early evening in Midway and just dinner in Park City.  It actually wasn't too busy and I think we all saw just about everything we wanted to.

Dinner was delicious, we at at Vinto on Main St.

Kate had a rough few minutes back at home with Grandpa Hardcastle, Gordon, and Matt.  In Gordon's words she took a 'bookcase to the face'.  I'm sure she screamed for about 10 minutes and then was up and running around just as fast.

We slept over and headed out as soon as Jodi and Stella were ready to be taken to the airport.  Their trip home was pretty miserable, and it will probably be a long time before my sister tries that flight again on her own.

My mom came back to our house (with the Honda) and we were supposed to put her on the train back to Roy.  A few too many red lights on our way and we got there just as it was pulling away.  So, she hung out with us for the day and then we went with her and my dad up to the Uintah's that evening.

The destination was Mirror Lake, but we also seem to need to get out and eat about 10 minutes before we get there (we all went last summer too).






The kids loved being in the mountains and Hyrum just about jumped in the lake at least half a dozen times.  I'll never know the answer to this, but I'll always wonder if Kate would be as adventurous (jumping and climbing) if she hadn't had an older brother to show her how it was done, but she can certainly keep up with him.



Milo was a bit tired on the way home, which was pretty late for his standards.


And, since it was our regular Sunday we all headed back up to my parents for dinner on Sunday.  I'm sure all the Hardcastle's were going through withdrawals after spending so much time together come Monday.  I know my kids were asking where their family was all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment