Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lessons learned

Or... Lesson's learning!

My mom bought me Photoshop for my birthday.

In March.

I made a few excuses (my ailing laptop for one) and didn't load it on to one of our computers until Justin needed it for a photo montage he was working on.

So, then it was loaded. But, I still was reluctant to get started, since I've never really used it before.

I looked at it for a few minutes one night, and didn't get very far.

I made a plea on Facebook for someone to offer me free lessons.

My friend Bryon noticed my appeal, and bought me a subscription to lynda.com as a belated birthday gift (irony?). It's a site that has HUNDREDS of tutorial video's on all sorts of topics. And, it just so happens to have about 6 hours worth on Photoshop.

Yay! Thanks, Bryon.

Now, if only I can find those 6 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to need you to tutor me. I'm about 3 hours into the lessons and I have not been on for a while. This morning I just looked at the screen and remembered nothing.

    Also if you want me to send you the sample files I can. It kinda helps with the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can teach you photoshop. Idesigned a 2 day class for work too. I have handouts and tutorials. EmAil me if your interested in help, classes or tutorials. Lynda.com is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete