Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Worth it?

I'm tired.

My sister-in-law and I have wanted to spend a day cooking and freezing meals for a while now. She's about to have baby #2 and would like some easy go-to meals and I would just like to have some meals made for days I don't want to cook. (Most days).

I actually started last night, just putting a pork roast in the slow-cooker. Today we started around 8am. I think we browned about 12 pounds of hamburger/ground turkey. We cooked 6 pounds of chicken and put together some cheesy filled shells and made a couple of cheesy/ham potato casserole and a couple of soups.

After Shondel left I put together another chicken meal and made a couple of lasagne's.

I still need to do a couple of meat loafs.

But, I'm tired.

I think I have close to 35 dinners and probably a few lunches in my freezer.

So, the question is... is it worth it?

1 comment: