Friday, October 9, 2009

Things that must go

I did not make up this title. Not even close, I stole it word for word from the morning show I'm addicted to (X96). Regardless of who made up the title, these are things that I've been noticing that really annoy me and you need to stop doing it (if you are- which, I'm sure none of YOU are, but maybe you could help spread the word).

*Making your own parking space at the gym. At the gym I go to, it never fails that there are one to four cars (usually those fancy expensive ones) that are parked at the end of the row, close to the doors. For some reason it really angers me. You're at the gym -PARK and WALK to the front doors so you can start running. Idiots.

*Stores that put stickers on items that you can't get off. Thank you Target for letting me know the book I just purchased is 30% off, but why must you put the sticker on the front of the book so when I try to take it off it leaves the residue on the cover. I appreciate that Ross has price stickers on their frames, but do you have to put the $3.99 tag on the glass? So again, when I try to take it off I have to scrape the front with a razor and every other chemical I can find to get the sticky off. Seriously, it's not that hard - but it on the back!

*Waiting room and smaller waiting rooms at the doctor's office. I didn't make this one up, I've heard Seinfeld describe it much better than I can. I went in today for the Little Man and had been warned that the front desk printers weren't working so I should arrive early and expect a little longer than usual wait. A little sidenote, I really like my doctors' office. We usually don't wait long, I like almost all of the doc's and PA's I've seen and they have after hours care. But today? The receptionist warned me the dr was running late (not our usual one), and I said I expected that. We went in the back to wait, where the Little Man had his run of the play area and lots of room to safely crawl and stand up. To my surprise we were called back 60 seconds later. Great!? Not so great. We only got called back to wait in the itty bitty room with tons of stuff he can't play with for more than 40 minutes. Yay. You couldn't let us play in the waiting area for 10 or 15 minutes? He's 11 months old. He likes his space! (I won't even go to the actual doctors visit, sometimes doctors can be very insensitive and dismissive).

That's all for now. I have a feeling this may be a recurring post!

No comments:

Post a Comment