Friday, October 2, 2009

Long overdue

*New and improved* (I added the photo's)

I've started to write a few posts -that were never published- in the last 2 weeks. Mostly because it was about this little bug.

Literally.

I had Scabies (click there -it's not as gross as it sounds) when I was in New Zealand 6 or 7 years ago. And, I guess that means I am lucky enough to get it again! I won't even try to tell you how horrific it is (itchy and painful beyond belief), but the good thing is, it's gone and I've washed EVERYTHING in my house. Twice. Well, more like three times. Stupid Scabies.

In other (less contagious) news...

We went on our annual Jackson Hole trip with my dad's family. We usually stay in Teton Village and the main attraction is to wake up super early and go and listen to the Elk Bugle. We missed the Elk (The Little Man was asleep and after the night he had I wasn't going to wake him up early for it) but we did go on a hike which he liked (most of). Our little (growing) family nearly fit into this years condo, Matt gets stuck on the couch every year it seems.


And, as always, the Little Man was spoiled by all.

Speaking of growing family, Matt and Jen got engaged on our hike. Most of our family knew about it (and most of us had tried on the ring), but I guess Jenny was totally surprised.



Our other family added one to our numbers as well this week. Baby Meef (the name his older sister gave her new little 'brudder' before they had decided on a name was born September 30th. Baby is doing great, mom had a few minor complications (but were somewhat expected because it happened last time) and is doing okay now. We saw him for a few minutes on Wednesday, but because of new visitor restrictions and giving Shondel time to rest, we haven't been back over, so no pictures for now.

Speaking of no pictures, I just realized pictures of our other adventures will come shortly (sorry mom). Justin has my card reader in the car, and he's actually 'at work' today. But, I had better post before this one sits unpublished as well.

1 comment:

  1. I would freak out if I had some sort of bug like that on me. Seriously... they would have to hook me up to an IV of Zanex!

    ReplyDelete