Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dad's menu

First of all... I haven't really blogged anything except for trips with pictures for who knows how long. It might be the other blogs I'm doing (The Little Man's and Baby II), but really, this seems to be turning into just a journal of our family, and is probably of very little interest to anyone but family. Sorry.

We've been using our pantry/freezer/food storage a lot this month. Our reasoning is two-fold. I try to get rid of my freezer meals at least once a year, and it saves money, which has been a major goal this month.

This week? I came up with a menu that I needed one item from the grocery store (at least Monday - Friday). That item? Hot Dogs. I know.

3 days of the week I'm pulling from my dad's menu from when we were kids. My dad actually had quite a few meals that were really good, but they were 'weekend meals'. He had a few stand-by's if he had to cook during the week.

Yesterday was Tuna fish and noodles. Tonight? Beanies and Weinies. And later this week we'll have meat rolls.

I can almost hear your jealousy. You might not want to come over this week during dinner time, you might have to share.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha, I love it! We are trying to save money too so I am trying to become more creative with cooking with whatever is around. :)

    I might need your recipes!

    ReplyDelete