Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nearly Back

I'm a little behind in blogs (and just about every thing else).  My mom came down today and my house looks livable again and I just finished folding my third load of laundry.

Sunday morning Kate woke up at 4 am to go to the bathroom and I noticed my throat hurt a bit.  I had a hard time falling back asleep and Milo woke up screaming around 5:30.  I got him settled back down just in time for Kate to be up for the day.

I didn't fell great, but I figured I just had a sore throat, a little tired from the early start, and I had worked out quite a bit the past week, so I must have been sore because of that.  I was wrong.

I somehow made it through teaching my lesson in church (should have been a clue to me that I couldn't keep my train of thought and felt like I was going to tip over at any moment).  I had to play the organ of course, and I don't know how I got through that hour.  My kids were more out of control than ever, and all I could do was sit there and shiver.  By the time I made it home my temp was over 103 degrees.

We muddled through the night.  The kids seriously ate snacks and fruit the rest of the day -most of which they got themselves.  I poured a handful of finger snacks out for Milo on his tray and he munched away for dinner.  I remember laying down on the couch thinking I should call someone to come over and put Milo to bed because I didn't think I could get him upstairs by myself.

Spent some time on the bathroom floor.  Somehow got the kids to bed, and hoped for the best.  The best did not come that night.  More time in the bathroom, fever wouldn't go lower than 102 despite what I took.  The morning was a fog.  Hyrum was so good to let me sleep while the kids went down for their nap.  I finally looked up the symptoms for Strep throat, which I hadn't had for more than 10 years I think.  Figured it was worth going in to the doctor.

A neighbor watched the kids and I went into an insta care.  Strep throat.  I was still pretty out of it, and I had them sent my antibiotics to the wrong pharmacy.  I finally got everything, including the kids, and I actually got them dinner and to bed.

Tuesday I felt mostly better, the fever was down to about 100, which is surprisingly manageable compared to what I was dealing with the previous two days.  I took Hyrum to preschool, and then my nice neighbor how had the kids the day before offered to take them again, so I took Kate there during school and took a nap while Milo had his morning nap.  I ate a few graham crackers yesterday too and managed to keep it down.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to more exciting updates in the near future.  And I REALLY hope they won't include the kids catching the bug!

In the meantime...



Milo and his dinner 

Kate slept in that dress and was still wearing it the next day.  And, the pajamas, that was all Hyrum!


No comments:

Post a Comment