Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Oops!

Originally posted: Monday, May 21, 2007 11:33 AM

Normally I would like getting a new computer at work. However... my husband has conditioned me to like HP and dislike Dell. It's kind of like the Red Sox / Yankee relationship. No one else really matters, it's either HP or anything but Dell. So this morning when I walked into my office and noticed a new Dell tower, I was a little disappointed.

And then I panicked! I thought we were getting new computers THIS week, so I hadn't moved any of my important (and not so important) documents and pictures to my H drive so it would survive the move. I started the computer and had NOTHING in Word. I thought I was going to be sick!

Luckily, our IT department is painfully aware of how (un)technically savvy caseworkers are (if you need a further example of this, I am our teams computer guru -which is pretty scary). ANYWAY... after searching around a bit on my computer I found a file titled "c drive" and found all of my word and excel documents. I did lose all of my pictures and a few programs, but if I look closely in my desk, I might be able to find the install disks. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment