Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sweeping

Originally posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 12:51 PM

I've decided that I love the word 'sweep'. Really for just two reaons, and neither of them have anything to do with cleaning my house -which I don't do very often.

The first reason is 'sweeps week' on TV. After a month or more of watching reruns -or just not watching TV because I don't usually watch reruns, the TV networks have 'sweeps week' -it's all the good stuff (they hope) they've been saving all season to get you to watch their shows and buy stuff from their advertisers... so we can do it all over again next year. At any rate, I like watching TV during sweeps week.

And, the second (and best) reason for liking the word sweep, is the last 3 days of Baseball World... the Sox swept the poor, poor Blue Jays. Nicely done Sox, 8-0. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was the Yankee's, but we'll get our chance. I sure wish I lived in a baseball-loving city and could have seen some of the games on ESPN. I have to settle for updates from the internet which refreshes every 30 seconds.

It's amazing I get any work done.

Here's a favorite picture of me standing on 'The Green Monstah' at Fenway Park last June.

No comments:

Post a Comment