Monday, January 11, 2010

First on the agenda

First on my agenda for tomorrow?

Make copies of our house key.

Several copies.



Tonight when Justin came home from work I ran out through the garage to throw something away. I closed the door behind me so the Little Man wouldn't try to come out after me.


We've never locked that door, but it must have been turned enough times to lock it. Yep, I was locked out.


No problem, right? Justin pulled in the garage and I asked him to hurry and come and open the door.


Justin didn't have a key to his own house on his keyring. Do you see how that could possibly be a problem?


So... I have a one year old crying inside... and we're locked outside. Luckily Justin had his phone and we called our friend that had our key from the last time we were out of town. She was on her way, and I was trying to keep the Little Man happy through the french doors in the kitchen. (Luckily, the blinds are always pulled up because he won't leave them alone).


All of our windows were locked (take that burglars) so Justin went to our neighbors house. (We are in townhomes, so it's attached). He went out their bedroom window, onto the roof, and in through the only window we leave open (our bathroom).


Dad saved the day and I'm going to buy one of those hide a key things and make sure we have a spare to leave with friends so we don't have to give up our own key anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment