Thursday, January 21, 2010

Unlucky?

Buying swimsuits is never a fun experience, especially during the winter months.

Normally I like shopping online, but have never tried to purchase swimming suits that way.

This past experience has illustrated why.

I found a (seemingly) great and local company with swimsuits and even found some on clearance. I ordered a top and a full piece. And waited for the package. And waited. Even after my sister in law ordered and got hers, I was still waiting.

I finally got a hold of the company, and the top I ordered was actually NOT in stock. (Don't you think this is something you should let your potential customer know?) So, I quickly picked another one, even though I wasn't sure I'd like it and got both suits. Hated them both.

Returned and started looking again.

I found two different tops, one arrived earlier in the week and it was decent.

The second one arrived today. Or, the package from the large, chain company arrived. Inside was a children's hooded jacket. It wasn't even the right color.

So... I got on the phone (hello, we're leaving for Hawaii in a week) and went through the long process of returning, and re-ordering the tankini, or so I thought.

Turns out they don't have my size anymore. Shocking.

I ordered a different size (fingers crossed) and I still have to go into a store for my refund.

I thought online shopping was supposed to simplify my life.

2 comments:

  1. That's annoying. Last time we were in California I forgot my suit, so I got in my in-laws hot tub wearing a tank top and my husbands boxers. It was hot. But what's even more annoying is that you're going to Hawaii. What island?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help simplify: don't wear one! Alloooooha!

    ReplyDelete