Sunday, February 14, 2010

Guilt post

This is one of those posts where I feel like I should have something to say, but I just haven't felt like I've had anything happen TO post about. I guess I'm still in a bit of a funk from the vacation.

The Little Man is healing nicely, doesn't seem to take any notice of the scar on his forehead. Although, it's a pretty small scar, and I'm sure it'll get smaller and less noticeable as time goes on.


I also cut his hair -a little short. I was kind of sad at first, but it's grown on me. I think I'll keep buzzing it, but I'll go a little longer next time.

It's been a rough week getting back to normal. Justin was really gone from his 'other' businesses for 2 weeks (a week in Toronto the week before Maui), so he's been busy getting everything caught up. I've had a couple of doctor appointments with nothing conclusive to report plus, it's cold! It's actually been pretty sunny and not too bad, but considering how nice it was the week before, we're a little chilly. I'm itching to use our zoo pass, and hope that it'll warm up enough soon for a quick visit soon.

I told you there's not much to report. Justin's leaving for work later this week, and again the week after that -he's going to Las Vegas. Where it's warm. I'm a little jealous, but I don't really care for Vegas anymore, so it'll be okay.

I'll end with two things I don't get -from the gym. (Which by the way, is starting to thin out a bit, thank you to those who have already given up on their New Years resolutions, there are now more parking spaces and machines at 6:30 am.)

1. People that where jeans or make-up while working out. In the morning. I'll be honest, I've never done a lot of working out after work -I don't have the will power. I used to do drive-by's if I tried to go in the evening. It was always WAY too crowded and too much talking/flirting going on. But when I did go, I didn't necessarily take off my make up when I got there. However, I don't understand people that have obviously got up in the morning, applied make-up and THEN gone to the gym.

And jeans? Come on people, buy a pair of sweats or something.

2. "Mall" walkers. I understand the old couple or the ladies that walk around the mall, especially during the winter. Good on ya for trying to get a little exercise. But there were two women AT THE GYM walking around the large area of weights, over and over and over again. And it wasn't like there were no treadmills available, or that they were stopping every lap and doing a few weights. Nope, they were just walking around the perimeter of gym.

Weird.

But at least they weren't wearing jeans.

2 comments:

  1. Cute haircut. Sorry about the jeans wearers. I commend you for going to the gym at all. I need to start exercising this summer, but at the moment, I'm winded from wiping my floors down.

    So sorry about your sad news that last couple of weeks. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I don't understand the mall walkers either!!!! My dad and his girlfriend walk everyday at Fashion Place mall, and then they go out to lunch after!!!??? it doesn't make any sense at all.

    ReplyDelete